Education and Engagement Specialist - Harlow, Essex
Are you able to engage and support a young person who has SEN?
Fresh Start in Education are a provider of specialist interim education to young people who are marginalised from mainstream education. These students have SEN, SEMH needs and other barriers to education that prevent them being able to attend school. Without Fresh Start's support and your expertise, they're at risk of being fogotten and isolated further.
That's where YOU come in.
Fresh Start are supporting a 12 year-old girl in Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire. She is a Looked After Child, has complex Mental Health difficulties, displays challenging behaviour and further undiagnosed needs. Fresh Start are in need of an experienced and creative individual to deliver a bespoke learning programme designed around her needs and interests with the aim of getting her ready to reintegrate back into school.
- As an Education Specialist, you'll work on a 3-month contract which could be extended
- This particular placement is 5 days per week in Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire
- You're matched to students based on location, availability & experience and could work with others
- The sessions (from 2 to 5 per week) take place in young people's homes or public places and are 3 to 6 hours in length
- You'll plan & deliver a bespoke learning programme centred around the young people's needs & interests
- Flexible time table. Let this job work for you.
- No red tape. Use your expertise & creativity when planning sessions.
- Over-the-phone support from a dedicated line manager.
- Additional pay for planning as well as subsidised food, travel and expenses.
We are looking for...
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- Experienced in working with young people who have SEMH needs and challenging behaviours
- The ability to deliver the Primary National Curriculum and ASDAN short courses
- Resilience, patience, creativity and empathy
For a chat about working for Fresh Start, please call Alex on 020 3409 3139.
To find out more, click here to view the Job Description.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.