1:1 Employability Tutor - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
I've been out of school for so long - why should I bother?
Some young people have spent so much time out of school because of exclusion that they can't see a way back or any point in education at all. Their experiences have left them without qualifications, aspiration or hope and engaging them can feel impossible...
But not for you.
Fresh Start in Education work with some of society's most marginalised young people, and this is your opportunity to give them a second chance. Fresh Start are looking for a new "Workplace Mentor" to work with a 16 year-old boy in Cotgrave, Nottingham. He has been attending an alternative provision for 3 years, has ADHD & Tourette's as well as low self-esteem. You'll work 1:1 with him, planning and delivering a bespoke Employability and Functional Skills programme centred around his needs. You'll also support him within the workplace once a suitable work placement has been found.
- As a Workplace Mentor, you'll work on a 6-week contract which could be extended
- This particular placement is 15 hours per week in Cotgrave, Nottingham
- You're matched to students based on location, availability & experience and could work with others
- The sessions (from 2 to 5 per week) take place in young people's homes or public places and are 3 to 6 hours in length
- You'll plan & deliver a bespoke learning programme centred around the young people's needs & interests
- Flexible time table. Let this job work for you.
- No red tape. Use your expertise & creativity when planning sessions.
- Over-the-phone support from a dedicated line manager.
- Additional pay for planning as well as subsidised food, travel and expenses.
We are looking for...
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- Experienced in delivering Employability and Functional Skills
- Somebody who is experienced in working with those who have SEN
- A proven track record of helping young people integrate into workplaces
- Resilience, patience, creativity and empathy
For a chat about working for Fresh Start, please call Alex on 020 3409 3139.
To find out more, click here to view the Job Description.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.