SEMH needs Specialist - Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
Are you able to engage and support a young person who has complex SEN?
Fresh Start in Education are a provider of specialist interim education to young people who are marginalised from mainstream education. These students have complex SEN, SEMH needs and other barriers to education that prevent them being able to thrive within the classroom. Without Fresh Start's support and your expertise, they're at risk of being fogotten and isolated further.
That's where YOU come in.
Fresh Start are looking for somebody to work with a 16 year-old young person from Wellingborough. He has sensory processing difficulties, struggles to articulate his emotions and has ODD. He also suffers from anxiety and depression and can exhibit self-harming behaviours. He's in desperate need of a patient, resilient and empathetic individual to give him a second chance at fulfilling his potential.
- As an Education Specialist, you'll work on a 3-month contract which could be extended
- This particular placement is 25 hours per week (5 days) in Wellingborough
- You're matched to students based on location, availability & experience and could work with others
- The sessions (from 2 to 5 per week) take place in young people's homes or public places and are 3 to 6 hours in length
- You'll plan & deliver a bespoke learning programme centred around the young people's needs & interests
- Flexible time table. Let this job work for you.
- No red tape. Use your expertise & creativity when planning sessions.
- Over-the-phone support from a dedicated line manager.
- Additional pay for planning as well as subsidised food, travel and expenses.
We are looking for...
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- Experienced in working with students who have ODD, sensory processing issues, anxiety and depression
- The ability to deliver education across either primary or secondary academic levels
- Resilience, patience, creativity and empathy
For a chat about working for Fresh Start, please call Sean on 020 3409 3139.
To find out more, click here to view the Job Description.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.