Education and Engagement Specialist - Northampton, Northamptonshire
Calling all SEN Teachers, LSAs, HLTAs, ASD Tutors …
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. is expanding and they are looking for individuals to join their "flying squad" of Education Specialists who are able to travel and work across the UK to plan and deliver bespoke learning programmes to young people who are marginalised from education.
These children have SEN, SEMH needs and other barriers to education. They may be a Looked After Child, be excluded from school and chances are they're disengaged from learning entirely. You could be the very first person they’ve encountered who truly is interested in them and who cares about their wellbeing and future. With a genuine student-centred approach and creative teaching strategies, you could inspire a young person to find their love of learning, whilst supporting them through the obstacles they face.
Work in different parts of the country…
- Fresh Start in Education Ltd. are an Interim Provider of specialist education. They work with students across the UK who have multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
- We are loooking for Education Specialists to travel throught the UK, staying away from home, to engage with students and provide education at the earliest opportunity.
What is the role?
- You’ll be working 1:1 with young people in placements lasting typically 6 to 12 weeks
- Sessions can take place over 2 to 5 days per week in young people's homes or places such as libraries
- Planning & delivering bespoke learning programmes designed around their academic, social & emotional needs
What’s in it for you?
- Varied work in different locations across the UK
- Autonomy in your planning and teaching
- The experience of making a real impact on vulnerable young people's lives
- Travel is subsidised and hotel costs are covered
To be considered for this role you will need to be:
- Able to travel and stay away in various places across the UK, for up to 4 nights per week
- Experienced in working with, supporting and teaching young people with SEN and SEMH needs
- Able to deliver the Primary National Curriculum and/or core secondary subjects
- Engaging and easily approachable
- Committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection
For more information about this role and to view the full job description click here or give us a call on 020 3409 3139.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism. For more information please read our Safer Recruitment policy and Data Protection policy.