Education Specialist - United Kingdom
You don't understand what it's like to be me – why should I trust you?
Fresh Start in Education work with some of society’s most vulnerable young people.
For those who have complex SEN, SEMH needs and other barriers to education, school and the world as a whole can feel like an alien place that causes anxiety, dread and fear.
Having spent considerable time out of and unable to access education, these young people can fall further behind their peers with little hope of bridging the gap. That’s where Fresh Start in Education and more specifically, you can help.
Fresh Start have a 94% success rate in reintegrating their students back into education because their Education Specialists are the best in the business. We’re looking for experienced education specialists to join their team to engage and teach young people with various barriers to education.
Could this be you?
What is the role?
- You’ll be working 1:1 with young people in placements lasting typically 6 to 12 weeks
- Sessions can take place over 2 to 5 days per week in young people's homes or places such as libraries in West London
- Planning & delivering bespoke learning programmes designed around their academic, social & emotional needs
What’s in it for you?
- The flexibility of working on a bank staff basis
- Autonomy in your planning and teaching
- The experience of making a real impact on vulnerable young people's lives
- Travel, food & resources are subsidised
What do you need?
- An impressive track record of teaching children who have SEN & SEMH needs
- The ability to deliver the Primary National Curriculum or Maths & English at Secondary level
- The ability to manage challenging behaviours
- A non-judgemental, patient and emotionally resilient personality
For more information about this role and to view the full job description click here.
You can also contact me or speak to one of my colleagues for information on this or other vacancies on 020 3409 3139.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism. For more information please read our Safer Recruitment policy and Data Protection policy.