SEN Tutor - 1:1 - Rochdale, Greater Manchester
Can your SEN and teaching experience give young people a second chance?
Fresh Start in Education are an interim provider of specialist education to young people who are marginalised from mainstream education. They have SEN, SEMH needs and other barriers to learning that mean school life can feel impossible. You’ll be planning and delivering bespoke learning programmes to these children on a 1:1 basis. They will based on the young person’s needs and interests and the sessions take place outside of the school setting.
- You'll be part of Fresh Start's cohort of national tutors working on a bank staff contract
- You'll have the opportunity to support other students with their education being matched based on your location, availability & experience.
- Placements are 6 to 12 weeks in length and are 2 to 5 days per week
- Sessions range from 3 to 5 hours & take place in a student's home or a public setting
- You'll plan & deliver bespoke learning programmes centred around the young person's needs & interests.
- As long as you can work 2 consistent days every week, you can decide your availability
- Autonomy! Use your expertise & creativity when planning sessions.
- Over-the-phone support from a dedicated line manager.
- Additional pay for planning as well as subsidised food, travel and expenses.
We are looking for...
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- The ability to deliver a range of subjects at primary and/or secondary levels
- Experience of supporting learners who have SEN, particularly ASD & SEMH needs
- Resilience, patience, creativity and empathy
For more information about this role and to view the full job description click here, or give Jo a call on 020 3409 3139.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.