Education and Engagement Specialist - Bedford, Bedfordshire
Can you engage the "unengageable"?
Some young people present such challenging behaviours that many believe there's no way to engage or teach them. Whether it's defiant, aggressive or even destructive, it can appear from the outside that there's no way of helping them.
Fresh Start in Education's belief is that there's always a way. They look past the behaviour and see that these children's needs must to be met for them to succeed. What's required is the empathy, resilience and patience of an Education Specialist. In working for Fresh Start in Education, you'll fully utilise your experience & expertise to engage some of society's hardest to reach young people. You'll be the individual that gave them hope when it looked like there was none.
Interested? Keep reading...
Here are the basics:
- You'll be working on a 3-month contract which could be extended
- You're matched to students based on availability, location & experience
- You'll plan & deliver a bespoke learning programme to young people
- These are centred around their needs and interests
- The hourly rates are competitive and there's also an additional payment for your planning and reporting
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy in your planning and teaching with emphasis on learning being student-centred and creative
- Support from a dedicated Education Coordinator
- Nationally accredited de-escalation training
- Subsidised travel, food and resources
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- An unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- Experience of working with young people who have ASD and challenging behaviour
- A proven track record of delivering the Primary National Curriculum and secondary core subjects
- Willingness to attend a two-day de-escalation course and work alongside another tutor
For more information about this role and to view the full job description click here.
Give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139 for further information on this or other vacancies.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism. For more information please read our Safer Recruitment policy and Data Protection policy.