SEN Learning Support Assistant - Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Are you exhausted from teaching or working in schools, but still want to support young people in their education?
With your previous experience in supporting students with Special Educational Needs and those with challenging behaviours, you will feel confident in your abilities and skills to make a positive difference. Working for Fresh Start in Education you will get to use the breadth and depth of your experience to help a young person overcome their barriers to learning, personal development and challenges to communication.
You'll prepare, plan and deliver individual sessions with your student on a 1-to-1 basis in a suitable and risk assessed learning environment whilst working towards personal and academic targets.
Your mission: to help your students become more independent, self-fulfilled and to find hope for a brighter future.
- You'll be part of Fresh Start's cohort of national tutors working on a bank staff contract.
- You'll have the opportunity to support other students with their education being matched based on your location, availability & experience.
- Placements are scheduled to run for 6 weeks, with 2 to 5 session each week but this may vary.
- Sessions can be between 3 and 5 hours in length.
- Tuition takes place in a student's home or a public setting, such as a library.
- You'll plan & deliver bespoke learning programmes centred around the young person's needs & interests.
- Flexible time table. Let this job work for you.
- No red tape. Use your expertise & creativity when planning sessions.
- Over-the-phone support from a dedicated line manager.
- Additional pay for planning as well as subsidised food, travel and expenses.
We are looking for...
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- The ability to deliver education at either primary or secondary academic levels.
- Experience of supporting learners who have SEN, particularly ASD & SEMH needs
- Resilience, patience, creativity and empathy
For a chat about working for Fresh Start, please call Sean on 020 3409 3139.
To find out more, click here to view the Job Description.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.