Education and Engagement Specialist - Primary - Bedford, Bedfordshire
Can you engage the "unengageable"?
Some young people present such challenging behaviours that many believe there's no way to engage or teach them. Whether it's defiant, aggressive or even destructive, it can appear from the outside that there's no way of helping them.
Fresh Start in Education's belief is that there's always a way. They look past the behaviour and see that these children's needs must to be met for them to succeed. What's required is the empathy, resilience and patience of an Education Specialist. In working for Fresh Start in Education, you'll fully utilise your experience & expertise to engage some of society's hardest to reach young people. You'll be the individual that gave them hope when it looked like there was none.
Interested? Keep reading...
Here are the basics:
- You'll be working on a Bank Staff contract and you're matched to students based on availability, location & experience
- Placements typically last 6 to 12 weeks and sessions for this placement will be 9:30am - 2:3pm on Thursdays & Fridays
- This student is based in St. Neots, Cambridgeshire
- You'll plan & deliver a bespoke learning programme centred around his interests and the KS2 National Curriculum
- The hourly rates are competitive and there's also an additional payment for your planning and reporting
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy in your planning and teaching with emphasis on learning being student-centred and creative
- Support from a dedicated Education Coordinator
- MAPA de-escalation training, which is nationally accredited
- Subsidised travel, food and resources
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- An unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- Experience of working with young people who have ASD and challenging behaviour
- A proven track record of delivering the Primary National Curriculum, particularly KS2
- Willingness to attend a two-day de-escalation course and work alongside another tutor
For more information about this role and to view the full job description click here.
Give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139 for further information on this or other vacancies.
Fresh Start in Education is a specialist provider of academic and emotional support for students throughout the UK who are at risk, marginalised and those with SEN and/or SEMH needs. Fresh Start is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all staff and aims to provide a working environment in which staff can realise their full potential and participate in successful work practices irrespective of their protected characteristics and or socio-economic backgrounds. This company is committed to identifying and eliminating discriminatory practices, procedures and attitudes and expects staff to support this commitment and to assist in its realisation in every way possible.
COVID risk assessments will be carried out and effective measures put in place to minimise risk and to help keep you and your students safe.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism. For more information please read our Safer Recruitment policy and Data Protection policy.