Special Needs Tutor - Poole, Dorset
Do you have experience engaging & teaching young people who have Special Educational Needs?
Have you supported students on a one-to-one basis outside of school?
Are you a compassionate, flexible and creative individual with a commitment to Safeguarding young people?
We are looking for experienced and engaging tutors to work with a number of our students throughout Dorset. Our young people come with a range of special needs, such as ASD or ADHD, and require understanding, empathy and a non-judgemental approach. On a 1:1 basis, you'll be supporting our students with their educational, social and emotional development by utilising your creative and engaging skills.
- You'll be part of Fresh Start's cohort of national tutors working on a bank staff contract.
- You'll have the opportunity to support other students with their education being matched based on your location, availability & experience.
- Placements are scheduled to run for 6 weeks, with 2 to 5 session each week but this may vary.
- Sessions can be between 3 and 5 hours in length.
- Tuition takes place in a student's home or a public setting, such as a library.
- You'll plan & deliver bespoke learning programmes centred around the young person's needs & interests.
- Flexible time table. Let this job work for you.
- No red tape. Use your expertise & creativity when planning sessions.
- Over-the-phone support from a dedicated line manager.
- Additional pay for planning as well as subsidised food, travel and expenses.
We are looking for...
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- The ability to deliver education across either primary or secondary academic levels
- Experience of supporting learners who have SEN, particularly ASD & SEMH needs
- Resilience, patience, creativity and empathy
For a chat about working for Fresh Start, please call Sean on 020 3409 3139.
To find out more, click here to view the Job Description.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.