Primary Special Needs Tutor - Hammersmith, West London
Are you able to engage, teach and inspire learners with complex SEN?
For autistic young people, the world can sometimes feel daunting, overwhelming and alien.
Everyday life can be a struggle as they wrestle with trying to process what's going on around them, and the challenges they face can lead to a struggle in engaging with their family, peers and education. Mainstream education environments don't have the time, resources or specialist knowledge to provide the tailored support they require, and that's where Fresh Start in Education come in.
Fresh Start are looking for an experienced individual to work with an 8 year-old student in Shepherds Bush. He is autistic but has other needs including anxiety, lack of danger awareness and speech & language difficulties. He can become aggressive when angry and is still wearing nappies. He's in need of two Education Specialists to support him with his social, emotional and academic development for 15 hours per week. You could also be matched to other students depending on your experience and availability.
Have a read of the information below and click APPLY to begin your application.
- You'll work 1:1 with this 8 year-old boy in his home
- Utilising your experience, you'll plan & deliver bespoke sessions designed around his interests
- The student is autistic, has speech & language difficulties and suffers from high levels of anxiety
- They present the risk of displaying aggressive behaviours and can become distressed
Working as an Education Specialist
- As an ES, you'll be working on a bank staff contract, giving you flexibility
- Depending on your experience, location and availability you could be matched to other students across West London
- Placements typically last 6 to 12 weeks and take places in young people's homes, libraries or community centres
- Depending on your availability, you could work from 2 to 5 days per week
- Experience of engaging and teaching autistic young people
- An impressive track record of supporting students who have complex SEN and SEMH needs, including ASD, SpLD and Anxiety
- Experience and ability to plan and deliver Early Years/Primary Curriculum
Give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139 for further information about this role.
Fresh Start in Education is a specialist provider of academic and emotional support for students throughout the UK who are at risk, marginalised and those with SEN and/or SEMH. Fresh Start is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all staff and aims to provide a working environment in which staff can realise their full potential and participate in successful work practices irrespective of their protected characteristics and or socio-economic backgrounds. This company is committed to identifying and eliminating discriminatory practices, procedures and attitudes and expects staff to support this commitment and to assist in its realisation in every way possible.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism. For more information please read our Safer Recruitment policy and Data Protection policy.