Special Needs Teacher - Cyprus, London
If you have a passion for supporting children who have SEN then we want to hear from you!
Do you have experience of working with young people who have speech and language difficulties?
Have you supported and taught children who aren't able to attend school?
Are you passionate about providing engaging and inspiring education to young people?
If you're shouting "YES" at your computer screen, then keep reading...
Fresh Start in Education are looking for two experienced and inspiring individuals to work in South Ockendon with a young boy with Global Developmental Delay and Speech & Language difficulties. He uses visual aids to communicate so experience using PECS or Makaton would be essential. As a tutor with Fresh Start, you'll plan and deliver bespoke learning programmes to help engage and support this young boy's academic, social and personal development.
- This particular Monday - Friday, 3 hours per session
- Placements are 6 to 12 weeks in length and are 2 to 5 days per week
- Sessions will take place in the student's home
- You will be working with another tutor at all times
- You'll plan & deliver bespoke learning programmes centred around the young person's needs & interests.
- You'll be part of Fresh Start's cohort of national tutors working on a bank staff contract
- You'll have the opportunity to support other students with their education being matched based on your location, availability & experience.
- Autonomy! Use your expertise & creativity when planning sessions.
- Over-the-phone support from a dedicated line manager.
- Additional pay for planning as well as subsidised food, travel and expenses.
We are looking for...
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- Experienced in communicating with PECS
- Experienced in supporting learners who have SEN, particularly Global Developmental Delay and Speech & Language difficulties
- Experienced in managing challenging behaviours
- Resilience, patience, creativity and empathy
For more information about this role and to view the full job description click here, or give Sean a call on 020 3409 3139.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.