Special Needs Teaching Assistant - Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Are you looking to help support and teach children with Special Educational Needs?
Have you supported students on a one-to-one basis outside of school?
Are you compassionate, flexible and creative with a commitment to Safeguarding?
Fresh Start in Education are looking for experienced and inspiring individuals to work on a one-to-one basis with young people in the Oxford area. These students have complex SEN including ASD, Speech, Language & Communication Needs (SLCN), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Anxiety, Processing Issues. As a result of having spent considerable time out of school, they're often accessing education at levels below what's expected for their age.
It will take some incredible individuals to engage and teach these young people. Do you have what it takes?
- Work on a Bank Staff basis which gives you flexibility
- Placements are 6 to 12 weeks in length and are 2 to 5 days per week
- Sessions will take place in the student's home
- You'll plan & deliver bespoke learning programmes centred around the young person's needs & interests.
- You'll have the opportunity to support other students with their education being matched based on your location, availability & experience
- Autonomy! Use your expertise & creativity when planning sessions.
- Over-the-phone support from a dedicated line manager.
- Additional pay for planning as well as subsidised food, travel and expenses.
We are looking for...
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- The ability to deliver Entry Level Functional Skills, the Primary National Curriculum and GCSE subjects
- Experienced in supporting learners who have SEN, particularly ASD, Speech, Language & Communication Needs (SLCN), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Anxiety, Processing Issues
- Somebody who can deliver lower levels of education to older students
- Resilience, patience, creativity and empathy
For more information about this role and to view the full job description click here, or give Sean a call on 020 3409 3139.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.