Special Needs Tutor - Kettering, Northamptonshire
Are you looking to help support and teach children with Special Educational Needs?
Have you supported students on a one-to-one basis outside of school?
Are you compassionate, flexible and creative with a commitment to Safeguarding?
Fresh Start in Education are looking for two experienced and inspiring individuals to work in Kettering with a young boy with Autism and ADHD. He uses visual aids to communicate so experience using PECS (or similar) would be essential. As a tutor with Fresh Start, you'll plan and deliver bespoke learning programmes to help engage and support this young boy's academic, social and personal development.
- Monday - Friday, 3 hours per session
- Placements are 6 to 12 weeks in length and are 2 to 5 days per week
- Sessions will take place in the student's home
- You will be working with another tutor at all times
- You'll plan & deliver bespoke learning programmes centred around the young person's needs & interests.
- You'll be part of Fresh Start's cohort of national tutors working on a bank staff contract
- You'll have the opportunity to support other students with their education being matched based on your location, availability & experience.
- Autonomy! Use your expertise & creativity when planning sessions.
- Over-the-phone support from a dedicated line manager.
- Additional pay for planning as well as subsidised food, travel and expenses.
We are looking for...
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- Experienced in communicating with PECS
- Experienced in supporting learners who have SEN, particularly ASD & ADHD needs
- Experienced in managing challenging behaviours
- Resilience, patience, creativity and empathy
For more information about this role and to view the full job description click here, or give Sean a call on 020 3409 3139.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism.