Primary PECS or Makaton Tutor - South Ockendon, Essex
Can you communicate without words?
Are you an experienced in using PECS or Makaton?
Do you have a passion for supporting children who have Special Educational Needs?
If you're shouting a resounding "YES!" at your phone or computer screen, then what are you waiting for? Keep reading to find out how you can start working with an 8 year-old boy based in South Ockdendon and potentially other out-of-school students that Fresh Start in Education are supporting.
- Fresh Start are looking for an Education Specialist to work alongside another tutor in a placement with an 8 year-old boy
- This young man has Global Development Delay & communication challenges
- He can demonstrate challenging behaviour as he struggles with emotional regulation
- The student is currently studying at KS1 level
- The placement is 3 hours per day and 5 days per week
Working for Fresh Start
- As an Education Specialist, you'll work on a bank staff contract
- You're matched to students based on location, availability & experience and work on 6 to 12 week long placements
- The sessions (from 2 to 5 per week) take place in young people's homes or public places and are 3 to 6 hours in length
- You'll plan & deliver a bespoke learning programme centred around the young people's needs & interest
- Autonomy! You'll have the freedom to use your expertise & creativity when planning sessions
- Over-the-phone support from a dedicated line manager
- Earn up to £160 per day (depending on your experience & the session length) with additional pay for planning
- Subsidised food, travel and expenses for your sessions
We are looking for...
- Unwavering commitment to Safeguarding
- The ability to deliver education at both Key Stages 1 &2
- Experience of supporting learners who have SEN, particularly ASD & ADHD
- Resilience, patience, creativity and empathy
- Willingness to complete a 2-day de-escalation course at the office in Folkestone, Kent
If you're reading this advert on Indeed - save yourself time!
Just visit the following web address - https://jobs.freshstartmanagementservices.co.uk/job/8247 - and click APPLY to begin your application today
For more information about this role and to view the full job description click here, or give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism. For more information please read our Safer Recruitment policy and Data Protection policy.