Education and Engagement Specialist - Coventry, West Midlands
Can you be a champion for young people who have SEN?
For those young people who have SEN, school can be a daunting and alien place. Despite the best efforts of their teachers, there just isn't the time, money or resources to provide them with the support they so desperately need. Accessing lessons and learning feels impossible and it spirals from there. They either don't want to go to school or they can't because they've been excluded. Without the support network or a voice championing their needs, there's little hope of them reaching their potential in education and beyond.
That's not the end of the story, however.
By working as an Education Specialist for Fresh Start in Education, YOU can become their champion and give them hope of a brighter future.
You'll create and deliver bespoke learning programmes on a 1:1 basis to the students that Fresh Start supports. Centred around their needs, your sessions will develop their social, emotional and academic skills, enabling them to eventually transition back into school successfully. The time spent with them will be a powerful tool in helping them to thrive once they've returned to full-time education.
Here are the basics:
- You'll be working on a Bank Staff contract in placements lasting 6 to 12 weeks
- Sessions are on a 1:1 basis and can range from 2 to 5 days per week
- You're matched to students based on availability, location & experience
- Utilising your expertise, you'll plan & deliver bespoke learning programmes to children across Warwickshire
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy in your planning and teaching with an emphasis on creative & child-centred sessions
- Support from a dedicated Education Coordinator
- Subsidised travel, food and resources
- Competitive hourly rates with an additional planning & reporting payment per session
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- An unwavering commitment to Safeguarding and a resilient, child-centred approach
- Experience of supporting and teaching Primary or Secondary-aged young people, particularly those with SEN such as Autism Spectrum Disorder
- A proven track record of delivering a ranje of subjects including English & Maths
- A dedicated, resilient and creative personality
Viewing this job advert on Indeed?
Keep things simple by visiting the following webpage:
https://jobs.freshstartmanagementservices.co.uk/job/8158 - you'll then be taken directly to the application form for this role.
For more information about this role and to view the full job description click here, or give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139.
Fresh Start in Education is a specialist provider of academic and emotional support for students throughout the UK who are at risk, marginalised and those with SEN and/or SEMH. Fresh Start is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all staff and aims to provide a working environment in which staff can realise their full potential and participate in successful work practices irrespective of their protected characteristics and or socio-economic backgrounds. This company is committed to identifying and eliminating discriminatory practices, procedures and attitudes and expects staff to support this commitment and to assist in its realisation in every way possible.
COVID risk assessments will be carried out and effective measures put in place to minimise risk and to help keep you and your students safe.
We are committed to Safeguarding and due to the nature of this position an enhanced criminal records check is required upon offer of contract. As part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment you will also be required to make full disclosure of any spent, unspent and protected convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings. As this role involves working with vulnerable children and young people the upmost integrity is required from candidates applying for this position and all your information will be handled with discretion and professionalism. For more information please read our Safer Recruitment policy and Data Protection policy.