Education and Engagement Specialist - Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
You know nothing about me.
Often, initially young people may feel like you know nothing about them. They may not want to talk to you, they certainly do not want to learn. So, what do you do?
Some of the young people Fresh Start in Education support can display aggressive and anti-social behaviour. Their range of SEN & SEMH needs have huge impacts on their education; they're often working below age appropriate levels & not in any form of education at all.
Do you have what it takes to support and engage Fresh Start's young people back into a long-term educational placement?
Here are the basics:
- You'll be working on a Bank Staff contract. As long as you can offer 2 days per week, you can choose your availability
- Work is on a 6 to 12 week placement basis
- Your experience will be fully utilised and you'll plan & deliver bespoke learning programmes to young people throughout Warwickshire
- The hourly rates are competitive and there's also an additional payment for your planning and reporting.
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy in your planning and teaching
- Support from a dedicated Education Coordinator
- Access to a bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- Travel, food and resources are subsidised, and Fresh Start offer training courses for your professional development.
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Safeguarding underpins Fresh Start's work, and they're looking for individuals who are wholly committed to it.
- Experience of supporting and teaching primary & secondary aged students, particularly those with emotional & mental health difficulties as well as various SEN, sensory needs and challenging behaviour
- A non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred approach
- The ability and willingness to travelup to an hour
- The willingness to attend a 2-day MAPA de-escalation training course
Contact us to find out more. Give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore if you're successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.