Education Support Worker - Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
I’ve been out of school for so long and I’m too far behind – why should I bother?
Having complex SEN or SEMH needs can make school life impossible for some young people. COVID-19 has affected every child’s education in the last year but imagine what it is like for the children who were already out of education and have been for some time.
As inspirational as they are, teachers just don’t have the time, resources or environment to to provide them with the bespoke education they need. Not being able to attend school pitches them into a downward spiral of darkness with little hope of escape.
That’s where Fresh Start in Education's Education Specialists (and more specifically, you) come in.
Fresh Start have a 94% success rate in reintegrating society’s most marginalised students back into education because their Education Specialists are the best in the business. We’re looking for experienced, creative and resilient tutors to join their team.
Does this sound like something you’d like to be part of?
What is the role?
- You’ll be working 1:1 in 6 to 12-week long placements for up to 25 hours per week
- Sessions take place in relaxed environments such as libraries or young people’s homes
- Planning and delivering bespoke learning programmes designed around their needs & interests
- Helping the young people to become academically, socially & emotionally ready to reintegrate back into education
What’s in it for you?
- You determine your availability
- Competitive hourly rates with an additional payment for planning & reporting
- Autonomy in your planning and teaching with support from a dedicated line manager
- CPD & subsidised travel
What do you need?
- Experience of working with children who have complex SEN and SEMH needs & teaching at KS1 to 4
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour & willingness to attend de-escalation training
- A non-judgemental, patient and emotionally resilient personality
- Minimum consistent availability of 2 days per week & willingness to travel at least an hour
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore if you're successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.