Special Needs Tutor - Poole, Dorset
There's no way I'm going to school, you can't make me!
For young people with SEN & SEMH needs, the very idea of going to school fills them with anxiety, dread and fear. School for most children is a place to learn, have fun and socialise but for those with barriers to learning it can feel like a nightmare. The longer they're out of school, the worse it gets. As time progresses, their feelings of loneliness and despair only grow, and they fall further behind.
Here's your chance to become their beacon of hope, their support and their fresh start.
Join Fresh Start in Education's bank of Education Specialists. You'll be using your planning, engagement and teaching experience to deliver bespoke education programmes to young people who are unable to access mainstream school. At the end of each session, you'll leave with a smile on your face safe in the knowledge that you've had a huge impact on a young person's life.
So what are you waiting for?
Here are the basics:
- You'll be working on a Bank Staff contract. As long as you can offer 2 days per week, you can choose your availability
- Work is on a 6 to 12 week placement basis
- Your experience will be fully utilised and you'll plan & deliver bespoke learning programmes to young people in throughout Dorset.
- The hourly rates are competitive and there's also an additional payment for your planning and reporting.
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy in your planning and teaching
- Support from a dedicated Education Coordinator
- Access to a bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- Travel, food and resources are subsidised, and Fresh Start offer training courses for your professional development.
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Safeguarding underpins Fresh Start's work, and they're looking for individuals who are wholly committed to it.
- Experience of supporting and teaching primary & secondary aged students, particularly those with emotional & mental health difficulties as well as various SEN, sensory needs and challenging behaviour
- A non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred approach
- The willingness to attend a 2-day MAPA de-escalation training course
Contact us to find out more. Give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore if you're successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.