Education Specialist - Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Catch the children who slip through the net.
You’ve probably lost count of all the young people you’ve worked with who’ve either dropped out of education or have been excluded from school. 2020 has had devastating impacts on young people's education as well as their social and emotional wellbeing, so the number of children unable to cope with school is only going to increase.
It's heartbreaking, but life for these children is just one big tunnel with no light or hope at the end.
That's where Fresh Start in Education, and specifically YOU - come in.
Give these young people a chance by utilising your knowledge, skills and experience in a way you've always wanted to. Plan bespoke learning programmes designed around their needs and deliver them on a 1:1 basis.
Here are the basics:
- You'll work on a bank staff contract, giving you a healthy work/life balance
- Work across Warwickshire in placements lasting 6 to 12 weeks
- Sessions take place in relaxed environments from 2 to 5 days per week
- Competitive hourly rates plus additional payment for planning & reporting
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy in your planning & teaching with support from a dedicated Education Coordinator
- A bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- Travel, food and resources are subsidised
- CPD training offered and encouraged
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- To always ensure Safeguarding is central to all you do
- Experience of planning and delivering lessons to students at key stages 1 to 4 with SEN and/or SEMH needs; specifically ASD
- Experience of supporting Looked After Children, excluded children & those with behavioural difficulties
- Willingness to attend a two-day MAPA de-escalation training course
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
You can always contact us to find out more so give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore if you're successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.