SEN Primary Teaching Assistant - Coventry , West Midlands
Be "that person" in a student's life.
Key work on a 1:1 basis with KS1 & KS2 students who have been or are at risk of exclusion.
You’re going to need at least two years of experience working alongside, supporting or teaching young people with additional needs. Typical experience being that of a TA, HLTA or Support Worker.
Many of the young people have SEN, SEMH or may demonstrate challenging behaviours and barriers to learning.
Here’s what it involves:
- You will be working within school hours, between 15-30 hours per week
- Located in and around Coventry (there are also vacancies across Warwickshire)
- Competitive hourly rates
- Placements last 6-12 weeks
What’s in it for you?
- Generous allowances for travel, food and resources per session
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Opportunity to utilise and maximise your valuable experience - and be appreciated for it
- Opportunity to attend Fresh Start's annual national conference in London
What do you need to work for Fresh Start and with their young people in this area?
- Formal experience of supporting students educationally in or outside the classroom
- Experience supporting young people with additional needs, such as SEN/SEMH or who demonstrate challenging behaviours
- Experienced in supporting and engaging hard-to-reach students in a tailored, student lead capacity
- Experience of working with young people who may be violent and self-harm
- Have a range of work-based knowledge of engagement and behaviour management techniques
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Consistent weekly availability (minimum 2 days per week)
Even if you don't have all the above, it's worth giving us a call on 020 3409 3139 and we can chat about your experience
If this position sounds right up your street, click Apply to register now and upload your CV.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.