1:1 Young Offender Tutor - Archway, London
I was excluded from school and spent time in prison – why should I bother?
Fresh Start in Education work with some of society’s most marginalised young people.
School exclusion and time spent in prison has left them with no qualifications, aspirations or hope. That’s where Fresh Start in Education's Workplace Mentors (and more specifically, you) come in.
Fresh Start have a 96% success rate in reintegrating disaffected students back into education, training or work because their Workplace Mentors are the best in the business. We’re looking for experienced education and engagement specialists to join their team.
Does this sound like something you’d like to be part of?
What is the role?
- As a Workplace Mentor, you’ll be working 1:1 with a young person aged 16+ in 12-week long placements for up to 25 hours per week
- Sessions will take place in and around Barnet, North London
- You’ll help them to become academically, socially and emotionally ready to attend further education, training or employment
What’s in it for you?
- The flexibility of working on a bank staff basis
- Earn up to £26 per hour. You’ll also be paid for your planning & reporting
- Autonomy in your planning and teaching
- Support from a dedicated line manager
- Travel, food & resources are subsidised
What do you need?
- A setup that enables you to deliver sessions online if sessions can't take place face-to-face
- Previous experience of engaging and educating young offenders
- Functional Skills & Employability teaching experience
- The ability to manage challenging behaviours
- Experience of helping young people into employment and training, including liaising with employers
- A non-judgemental, patient and emotionally resilient personality
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - LONDON