Education and Engagement Specialist - London
Can you engage a young person no matter what barriers they face?
For young people with SEN, school life can be impossible. Teachers simply don’t have the time, money or resources to give them the support they need, and so they end up slipping through the net and being left behind by the system.
Through no fault of their own, they constantly feel like they’re on the outside looking in.
That’s where you come in. With your SEN, SEMH needs and teaching experience, you’ll show Fresh Start in Education’s young people that life can be different and that there is hope for them.
If you’re a child-centred, creative and engaging teacher with the ability to connect with society’s most vulnerable young people then you could be just what Fresh Start in Education are looking for.
If you’re reading this and thinking that you have what it takes, we want to hear from you.
What’s in it for me?
- You’ll be teaching young people on a one-to-one basis outside of school in their home, a quiet public space or online
- By planning and delivering educational sessions specifically designed around their needs, you’ll help them make real, tangible progress
- If successful, you’ll be working on a Bank Staff basis and will be matched to young people based on your experience and expertise
- Daily sessions last 3, 4 or 5 hours and over 6 – 12 weeks depending on the student, giving you flexibility and a great work-life balance
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- A setup that enables you to deliver sessions online if sessions can't take place face-to-face
- Experience of planning and delivering lessons for students with SEN and SEMH needs, particularly those with ASD
- Have taught young people within Key Stages 1 to 5
- You’ll need to be a naturally empathetic, engaging and easily approachable person
- Be committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Have a good standard of IT competency
- The ability to write effective risk assessments and reports on sessions
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE – LONDON