Education and Engagement Specialist - Woking, Surrey
Can you teach a young person regardless of the barriers they face?
For young people with SEN, school life can be impossible. Teachers simply don’t have the time, money or resources to give them the support they need. They can slip through the net, get left behind by the system and feel like they are on the outside looking in.
That’s where you come in. With your experience teaching and supporting students with SEN and SEMH, you’ll show Fresh Start in Education’s young people that life can be different and that there is hope for them.
If you are a student-centered, creative and engaging teacher with the ability to connect with society’s most vulnerable young people then you could be just what Fresh Start in Education are looking for. We want to hear from you.
What’s in it for me?
- You’ll be teaching young people on a one-to-one basis outside of school in their home, a quiet public space or online
- Genuine job satisfaction in knowing the work you’re doing is changing lives.
- Designated line manager coordinating all your sessions and on-call to provide you with all the support you need.
- Online planning and reporting system to keep administration tasks easily organised.
- Additional online training to enhance your portfolio CPD
- Opportunity to work for a nationally recognised organisation who are on the front line of educating and supporting some of the UK most disengaged and disadvantaged young people.
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- A setup that enables you to deliver sessions online if sessions can't take place face-to-face
- Experience planning and delivering bespoke sessions with Yr7 + students with SEN and/or SEMH, and those with ASD
- Ability to deliver and differentiate Math & English Functional Skills sessions
- You’ll need to be a naturally empathetic, engaging and easily approachable person
- Demonstrate a committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Have a good standard of IT competency
- The ability to write effective risk assessments and reports on sessions
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE – SURREY