Education and Engagament Specialist - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
“I’m not going back to school. You can’t make me.”
True. You can’t make a young person go to school. You can’t make them learn. So, what can you do?
You’ll be working 1:1 with specific students that will benefit from your specific experience and skill set. They might not want to know you to begin with, but that’s where the challenge comes in.
Did you know that Fresh Start in Education have a 96% success rate in reintegrating disaffected students back into education? Does this sound like something you’d like to be part of?
Here’s how you can work with Fresh Start:
- Working on a bank staff contract – offering you a healthy work/life balance
- Located in and around Nottingham (We have several roles with different students throughout Nottinghamshire)
- Competitive hourly rates plus additional payment for planning and reports
- Hours may vary depending on contract, but sessions are typically between 3-6 hours
- Placements last 6-12 weeks
- You do not need to be a qualified teacher
What’s in it for you?
- Generous allowances for travel, food and resources per session
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Opportunity to utilise and maximise your valuable experience - and be appreciated for it
- Opportunity to attend Fresh Start's annual national conference in London
What do you need to work for Fresh Start and with their young people in this area?
- Experience of engaging the disengaged with a holistic, pupil-centred ethos
- Experience of planning and delivering education to young people
- Experience supporting young people with additional needs, in particular with SEN, SEMH, and who have been excluded
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Consistent weekly availability (minimum 2 days per week)
Even if you don't have all the above, it's worth giving us a call on 020 3409 3139 and we can chat about your experience
If this position sounds right up your street, click Apply to register now and upload your CV.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.