Primary School SEN TA - Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire
Focus on 1 student at a time. Challenge yourself, in a new way
You’re going to need experience of working alongside, supporting or teaching young people who demonstrate challenging behaviours and who have various barriers to learning such as SEN or SEMH. Typical experience might be that of a TA, HLTA or similar.
Here’s what it involves:
- You will be working within school hours, between 15-30 hours per week
- Located in and around Stratford-Upon-Avon (there are vacancies across Warwickshire)
- Competitive hourly rates
- Potentially working in and out of the classroom
- Placements last 6-12 weeks
- You do not need to hold teaching qualifications for this position
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to utilise and maximise your valuable experience - and be appreciated for it
- Autonomy of engaging young people, while being fully supported with a dedicated education manager
- Travel, food and resources subsidised per session
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Opportunity to attend Fresh Start's annual national conference in London
- Working on a bank staff contract
What do you need to work for Fresh Start and with their young people in this area?
- Formal experience of educationally supporting primary aged students, either in or outside the classroom
- Experience supporting young people with additional needs, such as SEN/SEMH or who demonstrate challenging behaviours
- Experienced in supporting and engaging hard-to-reach students in a tailored, student lead capacity
- Experience of working with young people who may be violent and self-harm
- Have a range of work-based knowledge of engagement and behaviour management techniques
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
- Consistent weekly availability (minimum 2 days per week)
Even if you don't have all the above, it's worth giving us a call on 020 3409 3139 and we can chat about your experience
If this position sounds right up your street, click Apply to register now and upload your CV.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.