Special Needs Teaching Assistant - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
"How are you any different?"
Many of our young people have been let down over and again. It’s not surprising that they don’t see the point in engaging and learning. They’ve been through a system that for one reason or another, does not work for them,
As an Education Specialist, you will work on a 1:1 basis with the young person to engage and rebuild their confidence. Working holistically and specifically to the student, you will tailor a learning style that’s right for them.
This young person is studying at a lower academic level and has experienced trauma and abuse. This has resulted in them displaying challenging behaviours and mental health issues.
- Working on a bank staff contract – offering you a healthy work/life balance
- Located in and around Cambridge (We have several roles with different students throughout Cambridge)
- Competitive hourly rates plus additional payment for planning and reports
- This placement is 25 hours per week, during school hours - hours may vary depending on contract
- Placements last 6-12 weeks
- You do not need to be a qualified teacher
What’s in it for you?
- Generous allowances for travel, food and resources per session
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Opportunity to utilise and maximise your valuable experience - and be appreciated for it
- Opportunity to attend Fresh Start's annual national conference in London
What do you need to work for Fresh Start and with their young people in this area?
- Experience of planning and delivering education (National Curriculum or Functional Skills) to young people of KS4 age who are studying at a much lower level
- Experience supporting young people with additional needs, in particular with SEMH, and who have been excluded
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Consistent weekly availability (minimum 2 days per week)
Even if you don't have all the above, it's worth giving us a call on 020 3409 3139 and we can chat about your experience
If this position sounds right up your street, click Apply to register now and upload your CV.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - MIDLANDS