Education and Engagement Specialist - Chelmsford, Essex
So much more beneath the surface
So many young people fall victim to social pressures, displaying a hard exterior and often becoming involved with drugs and gangs.
We’re looking for a resilient Engagement and Education Specialist, to help young people who is not currently in education.
How could you make a difference?
Here are the basics:
- Working on a bank staff contract – offering you a healthy work/life balance
- Located across London
- Competitive hourly rates plus additional payment for planning and reports
- Placements last 6-12 weeks – hours may vary
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to utilise and maximise your valuable experience - and be appreciated for it
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated education manager
- Travel, food and resources subsidised per session
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Opportunity to attend Fresh Start's annual national conference in London
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of planning and delivering education for young people across Primary or Secondary Education
- Experience supporting young people with SEN and SEMH needs
- Experience delivering Functional Skills, activity and project-based learning
- Experience of supporting Looked After Children and those excluded from education
- Have a range of work-based knowledge of engagement and behaviour management techniques
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
- Consistent weekly availability (minimum 2 days per week)
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give Beth a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - SOUTH EAST