1:1 HLTA - Fulbourn, Cambridgeshire
Are you tired of firefighting, when all you really want to do is focus on 1 student?
Working as an HLTA on a 1:1 basis, outside of the classroom may just be what you’ve been looking for.
This young person has had several setbacks in their young life. They’ve experienced bereavement and trauma. Although they want to learn, they find it challenging to access education in a way they can understand and enjoy.
Here’s how it works:
- Working on a bank staff contract – offering you a healthy work/life balance
- Located in and around Cambridge (We have several roles with different students throughout Cambridge)
- Competitive hourly rates plus additional payment for planning and reports
- This placement is 22 hours per week, within school hours – although hours may vary depending on contract
- Placements last 6-12 weeks
- You do not need to be a qualified teacher
What’s in it for you?
- Generous allowances for travel, food and resources per session
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Opportunity to utilise and maximise your valuable experience - and be appreciated for it
- Opportunity to attend Fresh Start's annual national conference in London
What do you need to work for Fresh Start and with their young people in this area?
- Experience of engaging the disengaged with a holistic, pupil-centred ethos
- Experience of planning and delivering education to young people of KS2 age
- Experience supporting young people with additional needs, in particular with SEMH, and who have been excluded
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Consistent weekly availability (minimum 2 days per week)
Even if you don't have all the above, it's worth giving us a call on 020 3409 3139 and we can chat about your experience
If this position sounds right up your street, click Apply to register now and upload your CV.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.