Education and Engagement Specialist - Harlow, Essex
"School isn't for me"
Mainstream schools aren't suited to everyone.
As a Teacher, Tutor, TA or LSA you'll know that sometimes, a class of 30 isn't the right place for a young person with SEN, SEMH and other barriers to learning.
But you still want to support a young person who has these barriers to learning?
With Fresh Start in Education, you'll be working 1:1 with a young girl who cannot access mainstream education and needs a tailored, relaxed and calm approach.
What do you need to do this job?
- Previous experience of engaging young people suffering from extreme anxiety and phobias
- Experience in planning and delivering a KS3 core curriculum
- Have a range of engagement techniques
- A non-judgemental, patient and emotionally resilient personality
- QTS is not a requirement
What’s in it for you?
- The flexibility of working on a bank staff basis - 15 hours a week with this young person
- A competitive hourly rate, and you’ll also be paid for your planning & reporting
- Opportunities to utilise and maximise your valuable experience - and be appreciated for it
- Autonomy in your planning and teaching
- Support from a dedicated line manager
- Travel, food & resources are subsidised
- CPD including accredited De-escalation training
Apply now and for more info give James a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.