Education and Engagement Tutor - Peterborough , Cambridgeshire
Challenges are there to be overcome
The right educational support at an early age can make the world of difference to a young person. Every child can achieve with the right help and support.
You will need to have experience of working with young people with ADHD, ASD, and severe hearing complications. You will need to be able to instil confidence in learning, show patience and an understanding in how frustrating learning can be for young people with needs.
Here’s how you can help:
- Working on a bank staff contract – offering you a healthy work/life balance
- Located in and around Peterborough
- Hours are Monday – Friday, 9.30am-1.00pm during this contract
- Competitive hourly rates plus additional payment for planning and reports
- Placements last 6-12 weeks – hours may vary
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to utilise and maximise your valuable experience - and be appreciated for it
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated education manager
- Travel, food and resources subsidised per session
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Opportunity to attend Fresh Start's annual national conference in London
What do you need to work for Fresh Start and with their young people?
- Experience of planning and delivering education for young people of KS2 age. You will ideally have QTS
- Experience supporting young people with additional needs, in particular with ADHD and hearing impairments
- Experience of working with young people who may be violent and self-harm
- Experience delivering Functional Skills, activity and project-based learning
- Experience of supporting Looked After Children and those excluded from education
- Have a range of work-based knowledge of engagement and behaviour management techniques
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
- Consistent weekly availability (minimum 2 days per week)
Even if you don't have all the above, it's worth giving us a call on 020 3409 3139 and we can chat about your experience
If this position sounds right up your street, click Apply to register now and upload your CV.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.