GCSE Tutor - Basildon, Essex
"School is so scary, I don't want to go, you can't make me"
Fresh Start have a 96% success rate in reintegrating disaffected students back into education. Does this sound like something you’d like to be part of?
As an experienced tutor with SEN experience, you will be working 1:1 with a 15-year-old girl who is highly anxious and struggles with the idea of going to school. She needs a GCSE Tutor who can build her confidence and self-esteem whilst engaging her with education in a creative manner.
We are also looking for tutors to work with other students to engage them in their education.
What is the role?
- As an Education Specialist, you’ll be working 1:1 with this young person
- Delivering bespoke education and support programmes to young people around the Basildon area.
- You’ll help them to become academically, socially and emotionally ready to re-integrate back into mainstream education
- With this student, you'll work for 15 hours per week but Fresh Start offer flexible working hours so the working day can work around you
What’s in it for you?
- The flexibility of working on a bank staff basis
- A competitive hourly rate, and you’ll also be paid for your planning & reporting
- Opportunities to utilise and maximise your valuable experience - and be appreciated for it
- Autonomy in your planning and teaching
- Support from a dedicated line manager
- Travel, food & resources are subsidised
What do you need?
- Previous experience of engaging and educating young people suffering from mental health issues such as anxiety
- Experience in planning and delivering either GCSE English Language, Literature, Maths and/or Science
- Have a range of work-based knowledge of engagement techniques
- A non-judgemental, patient and emotionally resilient personality
- QTS is not a requirement
Even if you don't meet all the requirements for the role, feel free to call James on 020 3409 3139 for an informal chat about the role.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - SOUTH EAST