Unqualified Teacher - Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Are you an unqualified teacher/tutor who has experience of working with young people with SEN or challenging behaviour?
Can you engage, support and build confidence in a young person who has no interest in education?
If so, read on…this could be just what you’ve been looking for.
Here’s how it works:
- Working on a bank staff contract – offering you a healthy work/life balance
- Located in and around Cambridge (We have several roles with different students throughout Cambridge)
- Competitive hourly rates plus additional payment for planning and reports
- Placements are 5-25 hours per week, during school hours - hours may vary depending on contract
- Placements last 6-12 weeks
- You do not need to be a qualified teacher
What’s in it for you?
- Generous allowances for travel, food and resources per session
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Opportunity to utilise and maximise your valuable experience - and be appreciated for it
- Opportunity to attend Fresh Start's annual national conference in London
What do you need to work for Fresh Start and with their young people in this area?
- Experience of planning and delivering education (National Curriculum or Functional Skills) to young people.
- Experience supporting young people with additional needs, in particular with SEN or SEMH, and who have been excluded
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Consistent weekly availability (minimum 2 days per week)
If you think this position is for you, click to apply now or for more info give Kim or Lewis a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.