Education and Engagement Specialist - Greenford, Greater London
Badly behaved, difficult, naughty. Unteachable?
Students with an EHCP or SEN are 5-6 times more likely to face exclusion thaN a child without, and a concerning number of these students are of primary education age.
Engagement at such a pivotal stage of a young person’s life literally can make the world of difference to them and their entire families. Did you know, Fresh Start in Education have a 96% success rate in reintegrating disaffected students back into education.
Does this sound like something you’d like to be part of?
We’re looking for an exceptional Education Specialist to help a 15-year-old boy with ASD, complex communication difficulties and behavioural challenges to overcome his barriers and achieve his potential. He needs your intervention experience and ability to deliver education in a bespoke way centred around his needs.
Does it sound like something you could do?
What is the role?
- As an Education Specialist, you’ll be working 1:1 with young people outside of the school environment in 6 to12-week long placements
- Delivering bespoke education and support programmes to young people across London
- You’ll help them to become academically, socially and emotionally ready to re-integrate back into mainstream education
- With this student, you'll work for 15 hours per week in the student's home
What’s in it for you?
- The flexibility of working on a bank staff basis
- A competitive hourly rate, and you’ll also be paid for your planning & reporting
- Opportunities to utilise and maximise your valuable experience - and be appreciated for it
- Autonomy in your planning and teaching
- Support from a dedicated line manager
- Travel, food & resources are subsidised
What do you need?
- Previous experience of engaging and educating young people who have SEN, particularly ASD and complex communication difficulties
- Experience in Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) delivery, including to older students of secondary age
- Experience and training in the use of Makaton & PODD communication methods
- Have a range of work-based knowledge of engagement and behaviour management techniques
- A non-judgemental, patient and emotionally resilient personality
- The ability to speak Polish is desirable but not essential
- Willingness to undertake MAPA de-escalation training
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - LONDON