1:1 Young Offender Tutor - Dorking, Surrey
I was excluded from school and spent time in prison – why should I bother?
Fresh Start in Education work with some of society’s most marginalised young people.
School exclusion and time spent in prison has left them with no qualifications, aspirations or hope. That’s where Fresh Start in Education Specialists (and more specifically, you) come in.
Fresh Start have a 96% success rate in reintegrating disaffected students back into education, training or work because their Education Specialists are the best in the business. We’re looking for experienced education and engagement specialists to join their team.
Does this sound like something you’d like to be part of?
What is the role?
- As an Education Specialist, you’ll be working 1:1 with a young person in 6 to 12-week long placements up to 25 hours per week
- Sessions will take place in and around your area
- You’ll help them to become academically, socially and emotionally ready to attend education, training or employment
What’s in it for you?
- The flexibility of working on a bank staff basis
- Earn up to £26 per hour. You’ll also be paid for your planning & reporting
- Autonomy in your planning and teaching
- Support from a dedicated line manager
- Travel, food & resources are subsidised
What do you need?
- Previous experience of engaging and educating young people
- Functional Skills experience beneficial
- The ability to manage challenging behaviours
- Experience of helping young people with SEN and SEMH
- A non-judgemental, patient and emotionally resilient personality
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give James a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - SOUTH EAST