1:1 Primary Education and Support Tutor - Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire
Challenges are there to be overcome
The right educational support at an early age can make the world of difference to a young person. Every child can achieve with the right help and support. So, how can you help?
You will need to have experience of working with primary aged students, who are at risk of or have already been excluded.
What is the role?
- You’ll be working 1:1 with a young person aged 5-11
- You’ll offer them support in education as well as helping them socially and emotionally
- You don’t need to be a qualified teacher, but will have some vocational experience of delivering KS1/2 education
- Many of these young people have social, emotional and mental health or special educational needs
- Sessions will take place in and around Warwickshire
What’s in it for you?
- The flexibility of working on a bank staff basis, with contracts generally between 6-12 weeks
- Earn up to £26 per hour. You’ll also be paid for your planning & reporting
- Autonomy in your planning and teaching
- Support from a dedicated line manager
- Travel, food & resources are subsidised
What do you need?
- Previous experience of engaging and educating young people of primary age
- Experience of working with children with SEMH, who’ve experienced trauma or with SEN
- The ability to manage challenging behaviours
- A non-judgemental, patient and emotionally resilient personality
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give Kim a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - MIDLANDS