Secondary Education and Engagement Specialist - Chiswick, London
Challenges are there to be overcome
Personal challenges. Work/life challenges. Everyone’s facing them. The question is, what do you do with them?
The young people that Fresh Start in Education meet often experience physical, mental, emotional or educational challenges. It’s often difficult for them to see how they can overcome their challenges. How they can have a brighter future.
This is where you come in.
Fresh Start in Education have a 96% success rate in reintegrating disaffected students back into education. Does this sound like something you’d like to be part of?
You’ll be working 1:1 with specific students that will benefit from your specific experience and skill set. They might not want to know you to begin with, but that’s where your challenge comes in.
What is the role?
- As an Education Specialist, you’ll be working 1:1 with young people outside of the school environment in 6 to12-week long placements
- Delivering bespoke education and support programmes to young people across London
- You’ll help them to become academically, socially and emotionally ready to re-integrate back into mainstream education
What’s in it for you?
- The flexibility of working on a bank staff basis
- A competitive hourly rate, and you’ll also be paid for your planning & reporting
- Opportunities to utilise and maximise your valuable experience - and be appreciated for it
- Autonomy in your planning and teaching
- Support from a dedicated line manager
- Travel, food & resources are subsidised
What do you need?
- Previous experience of engaging and educating young people who have SEN, particularly ASD.
- Experience in supporting Looked After and excluded children
- Key Stage 3, 4 and/or Functional Skills teaching experience
- Have a range of work-based knowledge of engagement and behaviour management techniques
- A non-judgemental, patient and emotionally resilient personality
- QTS is preferable but not essential
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - LONDON