Young Adult Support Worker - Barnet, London
Can you help a young person at risk of becoming NEET be successful in the workplace?
The idea of being successful in the workplace can feel impossible for some young people. Whether it be having SEN, SEMH needs or Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties, their struggles in school have now become a struggle to finding and maintaining meaningful work or post-16 education.
That’s where you come in. Using your expertise, you’ll design and deliver bespoke education and careers advice & guidance sessions centred around the young person’s interests on a 1:1 basis.
Over the course of the placement, you’ll help the young person overcome their barriers to become emotionally, socially and educationally ready to successfully integrate into the workplace.
Who will you be working for?
Fresh Start in Education are an interim provider of specialist education and careers support to young people aged 5 to 25 who have barriers to accessing education and work.
Here are the basics:
- Work is on a bank staff basis & you’re matched to young people based on your experience
- Sessions of 3 to 6 hours per day will take place in a calm environment within Barnet
- Each placement lasts for 12 weeks, and you’ll know what days & times you’ll be working
- A competitive hourly rate plus additional payment for planning
What’s in it for you?
- Freedom to use your creativity and expertise to plan sessions around the young person
- A bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- Travel, food and resource are subsidised
- CPD training is offered and encouraged
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of planning and delivering engaging lessons for students with SEN and SEMH
- Have worked with young people aged 16 to 25
- Experience in planning and delivering Maths and English Functional Skills
- Worked with employers and helped young people integrate into the workplace
- You’ll need to be a naturally empathetic, engaging and easily approachable person
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - LONDON