Education and Engagement Specialist - Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
A fantastic opportunity for you to work 1:1 with young people with various barriers to learning and additional needs.
Here are the basics:
- Working on a bank staff contract – offering you a healthy work/life balance
- Located in and around Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- Competitive hourly rates plus additional payment for planning and reports
- Placements last 6-12 weeks – hours may vary
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to utilise and maximise your valuable experience - and be appreciated for it
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated education manager
- Travel, food and resources subsidised per session
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Opportunity to attend Fresh Start's annual national conference in London
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of planning and delivering education for young people across Primary or Secondary Education
- Experience supporting young people with additional needs including SEN and SEMH
- Experience delivering Functional Skills, activity and project-based learning
- Experience of supporting Looked After Children and those excluded from education
- Have a range of work-based knowledge of engagement and behaviour management techniques
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
- Consistent weekly availability (minimum 2 days per week)
Even if you don't have all the above, it's worth giving us a call on 020 3409 3139 and we can chat about your experience
If this position sounds right up your street, click Apply to register now and upload your CV.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - MIDLANDS