Education and Engagement Specialist - Croydon, Surrey
“What is the point in school anyway? It’s not like I want to get a job!”
Do you have what it takes to reignite the spark for those young people who have no interest in education, no aspirations, no hope?
Fresh Start in Education work with these types of young people all across Surrey and London. Some with multiple and complex barriers to learning - Autism, Dyslexia, ADHD etc., some who are victims of abuse, others may have been involved in gangs and crime. One thing they all have in common is the need for someone like you to help turn things around, and show them a better way.
Here are the basics:
- Working on a bank staff contract, giving you a healthy work/life balance
- Travelling throughout Croydon and South London
- Delivering 1:1 sessions with young people not currently in school
- A competitive hourly rate plus additional payment for planning
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated line manager
- A bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- Travel, food and resource are subsidised
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Opportunity to attend Fresh Start's annual national conference
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of supporting, planning and differentiating lessons for students with SEN and those who have been excluded from school
- Experience of teaching the Primary National Curriculum
- A range of experience in engagement and behaviour management techniques
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give James or Beth a call on 020 3409 3139.
Please Note: Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - SOUTH EAST