SEN Teaching Assistant - New Malden, Surrey
Have you worked with young people who struggle to fit in the box of mainstream education?
Have you supported students who face multiple barriers to learning?
Before long, a young person can find themselves without an education because they can’t always get what they need, but you could be the answer they're looking for...
Here are the basics:
- Working on a bank staff contract – offering you a healthy work/life balance
- Located in and around New Malden, Surrey
- Competitive hourly rates plus additional payment for planning and reports
- Placements last 6-12 weeks – hours may vary
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated Education Coordinator
- A bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- Travel, food and resources subsidised per session
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Invitation to an annual conference for all Education Specialists – a great opportunity to meet your colleagues, have lunch and attend interesting conferences with SEN specific keynote speakers
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of planning and delivering lessons for students with SEN and SEMH, particularly those with ASD
- Have taught children at both Key Stages 1 and 2 (QTS is desired but not essential)
- You’ll need to be a naturally empathetic, engaging and easily approachable person
- Be committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Have a good standard of IT competency
- The ability to write effective risk assessments and reports on sessions
If you think this position is for you, Apply now and for more info give James or Beth a call on 020 3409 3139.
Who will you be working for?
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. is an interim provider of specialist education for young people (5 to 25 years of age) who aren’t currently in education. They specialise in providing bespoke educational packages for Children in Care, those with SEN, SEMH, EBD and those with multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - SOUTH EAST