Special Needs Learning Support Assistant - Stratford, Greater London
Calling all LSAs, HLTAs, and SEN Support Workers…
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. is expanding and wants YOU to be a part of helping students from all over London, Surrey and Cambridgeshire and surrounding counties, whose education and potential future is at risk…
If you are committed to educating and supporting young people…
You could be the very first person they’ve encountered who truly is interested in them - and who cares about their wellbeing and future.
With a genuine student-centred approach and creative teaching strategies, you could inspire a young person to find their love of learning, whilst supporting them through the obstacles they face.
This work isn’t easy and demands commitment, resilience and innovation … take a step back and think of that one person who made a positive difference in your life - and ask yourself the question… ‘if it wasn’t for them, would I be who I am today?’
You can be ‘that one person’ in someone else’s life – sooner than you think!
Fully funded travel and expenses covered…
Here are the basics:
- 40 hours per week including planning, prep, marking AND travel. (No more 60-hour weeks)
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated line-manager
- Placements are located around London
- Full time, permanent role
- A bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- CPD training offered and encouraged
To be considered for this role you will need to be:
- experienced in working with, supporting and teaching young people with SEN and other complex needs
- experienced in delivering numeracy and literacy / Functional Skills
- A variety of experience in engagement and behaviour management techniques
- Ability and willingness to travel, own vehicle needed
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Finally, willing to undergo rigorous pre-employment and DBS checks in line with our Safer Recruitment Policy
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give Sean a call on 020 3409 3139.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.