Education and Engagement Specialist - Hounslow, Greater London
“I just don’t understand. You can’t make me do it.”
You and I both know that students with Special Educational Needs don’t fit the mainstream model and that it takes a patient, creative and non-judgemental individual to engage and support them with their learning and development. Alongside your experience of teaching children with a range of SEN and SEMH issues, these qualities will be vital in giving Fresh Start in Education’s young people a second chance.
Are you this person? Do you have time in your week to support society’s most vulnerable young people?
Here are the basics:
- Working on a bank staff contract – offering you a healthy work/life balance
- Located in and around West London
- Competitive hourly rates plus additional payment for planning and reports
- Placements last 6-12 weeks – hours may vary
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated Education Co-ordinator
- A bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- Travel, food and resources subsidised per session
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Opportunity to attend Fresh Start's annual national conference
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of planning and delivering lessons for students with SEN and SEMH, particularly those with ASD
- Have taught children at both Key Stages 1 and 2 (QTS is desired but not essential)
- You’ll need to be a naturally empathetic, engaging and easily approachable person
- Be committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Have a good standard of IT competency
- The ability to write effective risk assessments and reports on sessions
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - LONDON