SEN Support Teacher (KS1-4) - London , Greater London
Can you engage a young person no matter what barriers they face?
For young people with SEN, school life can be impossible. Most schools simply don’t have the time, money or resources to provide the support these young people need, and so they end up slipping through the net and being left behind.
That’s where you come in. With your SEN, Mental Health and teaching experience, you’ll show Fresh Start in Education’s young people that they can achieve in life and that there is hope. If you’re a child-centred, creative and engaging teacher with the ability to connect with society’s most vulnerable young people then you could be just what Fresh Start in Education are looking for.
If you’re reading this and thinking that you have what it takes, we want to hear from you.
Here are the basics:
- Working on a bank staff contract – offering you a healthy work/life balance
- Located in and around London
- Competitive hourly rates plus additional payment for planning and reports
- Placements last 6-12 weeks – hours may vary
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated Education Coordinator
- A bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- Travel, food and resources subsidised per session
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Opportunity to attend Fresh Start's annual national conference
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of planning and delivering lessons for students with SEN and SEMH, particularly those with ASD
- Have taught children at both Key Stages 3 and 4 (including GCSEs and/or Functional Skills)
- You’ll need to be a naturally empathetic, engaging and easily approachable person
- Be committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Have a good standard of IT competency
- The ability to write effective risk assessments and reports on sessions
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - LONDON