Education and Engagement Specialist - Wembley, London
He who opens a school door, closes a prison.” ― Victor Hugo
A little dramatic? We don’t think so. Did you know, Fresh Start in Education have a 96% success rate in reintegrating disaffected students back into education. Does this sound like something you’d like to be part of?
Working as an Education Specialist, you’ll be dedicated to supporting and teaching one or more students that will benefit from your specific experience and skill set. As Fresh Start in Education encourage learning through engagement, you will have every opportunity to be creative, resourceful and student focused.
Here are the basics:
- Working on a bank staff contract – offering you a healthy work/life balance
- Located in and around West London
- Competitive hourly rates plus additional payment for planning and reports
- Placements last 6-12 weeks – hours may vary
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated Education Co-ordinator
- A bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- Travel, food and resources subsidised per session
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Opportunity to attend Fresh Start's annual national conference
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of supporting, planning and differentiating lessons for students with SEMH and/or SEN, particularly with ASD
- Teaching to secondary aged children to KS3/KS4 or Functional Skills
- Experience of supporting Looked After Children and students who have been excluded
- A range of experience in engagement and behaviour management techniques
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Finally, willing to undergo rigorous pre-employment and DBS checks in line with our Safer Recruitment Policy
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139. We want to hear from you.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - LONDON