Special Needs Support Teacher - Uxbridge, Greater London
“I’ve been excluded from school... Why should I bother?”
You can’t make a young person go to school and you can’t make them learn.
So, what can you do?
Fresh Start in Education have a 96% success rate in reintegrating disaffected students back into education. Does this sound like something you’d like to be part of?
You’ll be working 1:1 with a student that will benefit from your specific experience and skill set. He might not want to know you to begin with, but that’s where the challenge comes in. You'll work with him over 6-12 weeks and be dedicated to encouraging his learning through creative and resourceful sessions.
Here are the basics:
- Working on a bank staff contract, giving you a healthy work/life balance
- Travelling throughout West London
- Delivering 1:1 sessions with young people not currently in school
- A competitive hourly rate plus additional payment for planning
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated line manager
- A bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- Travel, food and resource are subsidised
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Opportunity to attend Fresh Start's annual national conference
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of supporting, planning and differentiating lessons for students with SEN and those who have been excluded from school
- Experience of teaching the Primary National Curriculum
- A range of experience in engagement and behaviour management techniques
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
If you think this position is for you, apply now and for more info give Alex a call on 020 3409 3139. We want to hear from you.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - LONDON