Education Support Specialist - Bury, Greater Manchester
“I don’t want to go to school.”
Fresh Start in Education's young people are out of education for a variety of reasons. Does this mean they cannot have a future?
We’re looking for an experienced Education Support Specialist, who’s confident in delivering education and providing emotional support to students with SEN and SEMH. Can you be the one to give them a chance?
Here are the basics:
- Working on a bank staff contract – offering you a healthy work/life balance
- Located in and around Bury, Manchester
- Competitive hourly rates plus additional payment for planning and reports
- Placements last 6-12 weeks – hours may vary
Specific experience required to effectively help this young person:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience teaching in Primary or Secondary Education (QTS not required)
- Experience of delivering education to students that are studying at a lower level than their academic age
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of supporting students with SEMH and SEN
- Able to work with aggressive behaviour and willing to undertake MAPA training
Suitable candidates will need to:
- Demonstrate creative teaching and engagement strategies at primary curriculum level
- Be emotionally resilient and non-judgemental
- Be easily approachable and person-centred
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to Safeguarding
- Be prepared to undergo multiple pre-employment checks
- Attend additional MAPA training provided before placement
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. are an interim provider of specialist education for young people (5 to 25 years of age) who are currently not in education. Fresh Start in Education Ltd. specialise in providing bespoke educational packages for Children in Care, those with SEN, SEMH, EBD and those with multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - NORTH