Education Support Worker - Rugby, Warwickshire
You know nothing about me.
Very true. Often, young people may feel like you know nothing about them. They may not want to talk to you, they certainly don't want to learn. So, what do you do?
These young people have a range of SEN and SEMH needs and can display aggression. Most aren't in any form of education.
Do you have what it takes to support and engage these students back into a long-term educational placement?
Here are the basics:
- Working on a bank staff contract – offering you a healthy work/life balance
- Located in and around Rugby
- Competitive hourly rates plus additional payment for planning and reports
- Placements last 6-12 weeks – hours may vary
Specific experience required to effectively help this young person:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience teaching in Primary or Secondary Education
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of supporting students with SEMH and SEN
- Able to work with aggressive behaviour and willing to undertake MAPA training
Suitable candidates will need to:
- Demonstrate creative teaching and engagement strategies at primary curriculum level
- Be emotionally resilient and non-judgemental
- Be easily approachable and person-centred
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to Safeguarding
- Be prepared to undergo multiple pre-employment checks
- Attend additional MAPA training provided before placement
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. are an interim provider of specialist education for young people (5 to 25 years of age) who are currently not in education. Fresh Start in Education Ltd. specialise in providing bespoke educational packages for Children in Care, those with SEN, SEMH, EBD and those with multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.
FSIE - MIDLANDS