Engagement and Education Specialist - Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire
How do you educate without ‘teaching?’
It’s not a trick question. It’s a skill, a talent. It’s something you will know if you have worked with young people facing challenges to education before.
Many young people that Fresh Start in Education work with have challenges to learning. They may not feel they can be taught; they may not want to be taught.
But, is there another way?
Here are the basics:
- Working on a bank staff agreement – offering you flexibility
- Located in and around the Stoke-on-Trent area
- Hourly pay up to £30.00 per hour plus additional payment for planning
- Contracts last 6-12 weeks – hours depend on the student’s capability
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated line-manager
- A bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- Travel, food and resource subsidised
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Invitation to an annual conference for all Education Specialists – a great opportunity to meet your colleagues, have lunch and attend interesting conferences with SEN specific keynote speakers
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of supporting, planning and differentiating lessons for students with SEMH and/or SEN, particularly with ASD, ADHD and anxiety
- Teaching to secondary aged students, KS3/KS4
- Have at least 2 mornings / afternoons per week available to offer and your own transport
- Experience of supporting Looked After Children and students who have been excluded
- A range of experience in engagement and behaviour management techniques
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Finally, willing to undergo rigorous pre-employment and DBS checks in line with our Safer Recruitment Policy
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.