Education Specialist - COVENTRY, Warwickshire
"You know nothing about me."
Very true. Often, initially young people may feel like you know nothing about them. They may not want to talk to you, they certainly do not want to learn. So, what do you do?
This young man of KS3 age can display aggressive and anti-social behaviour. He has ASD and ADHD and is working below age appropriate levels. He is currently not in any form of education.
Do you have what it takes to support and engage this student back into a long-term educational placement?
Here are the basics:
- Working in and around Coventry
- Hourly pay up to £30.00 per hour plus additional payment for planning
- Contracts last 6-12 weeks – hours depend on the student’s capability
- Working with students of primary or secondary age
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated line-manager
- A bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- Travel, food and resource subsidised
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Invitation to an annual conference for all Education Specialists – a great opportunity to meet your colleagues, have lunch and attend interesting conferences with SEN specific keynote speakers
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of supporting, planning and differentiating lessons for students with SEMH and/or SEN, particularly with ASD and ADHD
- Teaching to primary and/or secondary age - ideally have experience of those working below their academic age
- Have at least 2 mornings / afternoons per week available to offer and your own transport
- Experience of supporting Looked After Children and students who have been excluded
- A range of experience in engagement and behaviour management techniques
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Finally, willing to undergo rigorous pre-employment and DBS checks in line with our Safer Recruitment Policy
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.